Thursday, October 1, 2009

Family Life in Italy


Its Alfonzo again and I'm gonna talk about family life. Although the birth rate in Italy is low extended family is very important. We invite family over for celebrations and Sunday lunches. I love my aunts and uncles. My Uncle Al always has the best stories. We make an effort to include children in all activities and celebrations. They stay up late and play in the piazza while their parents enjoy a drink with friends in a nearby cafe. The biggest family time is at meals. This is the most valued and cherished time for family. Every meal is a big to do. Even at breakfast we all eat together. When we have extended famliy over to eat afterwards we go onto the porch and chat. Neighbors come over and just relax. The kids and a few grown ups will usually take them on a walk after dinner in the evening. I love my family and value them greatly, because without them I wouldn't be where I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment